Research conducted by the faculty, students and staff of the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture inform decisions on pressing public policy issues, fulfills critical needs of state government, fuels business innovation and economic growth, and promotes a healthy and sustainable future for Maine and its citizens.
- More than 200 current research projects.
- Total of $95.9 million in funding raised from external sources to support research and development over the last 5 years–a record $25.4 million in the 2018 fiscal year.
- An average of 350 research publications and 550 public presentations annually.
- Directly collaborated on research and development with 50 businesses and other organizations last year.
- Six off-campus research centers along with on-campus laboratories place research programs in all corners of the state.
For more information, contact the research office at email@example.com or 207.581.3205.