Graduate students in the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture are invited to apply for the 2016-2017 Graduate Student Awards.
Four awards are given each year in recognition of outstanding research and scholarly achievements. These “research awards” are the George F. Dow Graduate Scholarship, Fred Griffee Memorial Award, Norris Charles Clements Graduate Student Award, and Graduate Research Excellence Award.
Outstanding Student Awards
Four additional awards recognize outstanding graduate student achievement: the Outstanding Masters Student Award, Jean A. and David A. Webb Outstanding Professional Master’s Degree Award, Edith M. Patch Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award, and Outstanding Service Award.
Information on Applying
Students may apply for both research and outstanding student awards; however, separate applications will be required for each category of awards as described below. Students may receive multiple awards, but it is the intent of the College to increase the number of graduate students recognized for exceptional performance.
See the above links to Research Awards or Outstanding Student Awards for complete information on eligibility requirements and selection criteria.
- Application form for Graduate Student Research Awards (in Word format)
- Application form for Outstanding Master’s Student Award (in Word format)
- Application form for Edith M. Patch Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award (in Word format)
- Application form for Jean A. and David A. Webb Outstanding Professional Master’s Student Award
- Application form for Outstanding Service Award (in Word format)
- Research Awards Deadline: December 21, 2016
- Research Awards Presentation: March 3, 2017
- Outstanding Student Awards Deadline: February 17, 2017