Saros receives 2019 Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award from the Rising Tide Center
Jasmine Saros, professor of paleoecology in the School of Biology & Ecology and associate director of the Climate Change Institute, was selected to receive the 2019 Faculty Mentoring Award by the Rising Tide Center.
The award was introduced in the 2013-2014 academic year to honor faculty who are committed to supporting the professional development of their colleagues. According to the Rising Tide Center’s website, recipients must model at least one of the following attributes:
- Offers sound counsel and valuable information to their faculty mentees in order to advance and develop the mentee’s own path to professional success;
- Generously shares his or her valuable time and expertise in providing feedback on the faculty mentee’s work;
- Helps to create a vital and engaged academic community in their unit and at the University of Maine;
- Involves faculty mentees in publications, grants, and conferences, as well as readily sharing knowledge of such opportunities;
- Makes others aware of the contributions and the value of their faculty mentees;
- Serves as a role model for faculty colleagues by maintaining high standards for excellence within his or her own discipline and at the broader campus level.