Faculty honored for support, advocacy and mentorship of students
Select faculty were recognized for their support, advocacy and mentorship of University of Maine students at the Faculty Mentor Appreciation ceremony on May 7. The event, which was originally postponed, is part of the 2019 Maine Impact Week celebration.
Among the 23 awardees UMaine recognized, nine are faculty of programs in the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture.
Faculty Mentor Impact Award winners:
- Sally Molloy, Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Honors College
- Balunkeswar (Balu) Nayak, School of Food and Agriculture
- Kristy Townsend, School of Biology and Ecology, Center on Aging
- Mary Ellen Camire, School of Food and Agriculture
- Yong Chen, School of Marine Sciences
- Douglas Gardner, School of Forest Resources, FBRI
- Jasmine Saros, School of Biology and Ecology, Climate Change Institute
- Adrienne White, School of Food and Agriculture
GSG Graduate Mentor Award winners:
- Keith Evans, School of Economics, School of Marine Sciences
Students submitted hundreds of faculty mentors for recognition with many notes of appreciation. A sample of these can be viewed online.