Implementation plan: Life sciences building
Accelerating Facility Renewal and Modernization:
Develop a plan for a new life sciences building to support the college’s and UMaine life science programs including completing a full assessment of capacity and facility needs for teaching, research, and service in life sciences, a building design, and developing cost estimates. Develop and implement a communication strategy to advocate for the proposed new life sciences building and seek the required support and funding.
Action Plan Objectives
- Develop an overall strategy and planning process for the life sciences building initiative.
- Compile and review currently available input and information on the life science building project.
- Complete a preliminary assessment on capacity needs in the college as potentially related to design considerations for a new life science building
- Outline an internal communication strategy for the design and future advocacy of a new building and begin communication activities within the university.
- Report progress and work plans for 2019-20 to the Executive Committee at its June or August summer retreat in 2019.
Create a steering committee for life science building development.
- Develops strategy and guides work.
- Creates and directs assessment and design teams.
- Committee of faculty and staff. Supported by dean’s office staff.
- Outputs: report on 2018-19 progress and work plans for 2019-20 to the Executive Committee at its August 2019 retreat.
Lead responsibility: Fred Servello