Welcome to the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture Advising page. Our goal is to support your academic growth at UMaine. We are here to help answer general questions, direct you to vital student and academic services on campus, and provide support to help you thrive at UMaine. While you are expected to meet with your academic advisor or undergraduate program coordinator for guidance regarding course selection and career opportunities, we are here to help you with whatever you need. We look forward to meeting you!
100 Winslow Hall
*For security purposes, please contact us from your @maine.edu email account.
Hours: Weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, and to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff, we will be operating a little bit differently.
Forms: Forms (Course Add/Drop, Change of Major, etc.) can be sent to us via email. They can also be dropped off in our office in Winslow Hall. Commonly used forms can be found on the UMaine Portal under the “Forms/Documents” drop-down menu and on the Student Records website.
Meetings: Most meetings will be conducted by phone or Zoom appointment. If you happen to stop by our office, a staff member will be there to assist with quick questions. Otherwise we will arrange an appointment for you, often on the same day.
You can also contact our staff members using the phone numbers and email addresses listed below. Please allow about 1 business day for us to return your message.
Navigate App: If you have the Navigate App you can book an appointment directly from your smartphone. Under location, select “Natural Sciences Forestry and Agriculture Dean’s Office” and choose any of the staff members listed.
Don’t have the app? You can still book an appointment using a web browser. Login with your UMaine credentials, and select “Natural Sciences Forestry and Agriculture Dean’s Office.”
Who we are
Krystal Poulin, Administrative Coordinator
- First point of contact for college academic matters
- Schedules appointments for the Associate Dean
- Answers general inquiries and provides referrals
- Receives and processes forms
Emily Baker, Administrative Specialist
- Point of contact for office of the Associate Dean
- Administers the college Academic Improvement Program (AIP)
- Assists with form processing (Change of Programs, Degree Exception forms, etc.)
- Maintains college texting program
Julie Eubanks, Academic Support Specialist
- Provides general academic guidance and referrals
- Coordinates college scholarships
- Supports students on academic probation
- Assists new transfer students and first-generation college students
Patti Tewhey, Student Support Specialist
- Supports students at risk
- Assists with student cancellations, withdrawals, and leaves of absence
- Out-Ill letters, Medical withdrawals, and other student concerns
George Criner, Associate Dean
- Oversees the college undergraduate academic office
- Responsible for all undergraduate academic matters
Peter Reid, Assistant Dean
- Advises undeclared students in the college
- Coordinates undergraduate student services
- Coordinates college admissions and student recruiting