Meet our 2021 Outstanding Faculty and Students
Where Discovery Takes Us
Explore current and recent research projects by discipline, keyword, town, or congressional district.
Courses that Bridge the Distance
Explore how we deliver a top-notch experiential education to our students whether they are six feet or six hundred miles away.
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- ESPN interviews Mayewski about research on Mount Everest
- UMaine Extension offers ‘Recipe to Market’ online workshop May 14
- UMaine 2021 virtual commencement will honor two years of graduates
- Ranco, Gill speak with Maine Public about Indigenous stewardship of biodiversity
- Ice core chemistry research expands insight into sea ice variability in Southern Hemisphere
- UMaine junior named a 2021 Goldwater Scholar
- Stancioff cited in VillageSoup report of efforts to address rising sea levels
- Bangor Daily speaks with Lichtenwalner about rubber eggs
- Dumas talks with BDN about storing, consuming broccoli stems
- Media cover Mitchell Center campaign to reduce food waste