Teisl named interim dean/director
Saros to direct Ecology and Environmental Sciences program
2020 Outstanding Faculty & Students
Meet the faculty and students who stood out in the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture.
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- New study finds seabird response to abrupt climate change 5,000 years ago transformed island ecosystems in the Falklands
- BDN reports on climate change, winter recreation talk featuring Birkel, Leahy
- UMaine researchers develop models to forecast lethal ASP toxin movement in waterways
- Centralmaine.com advances Mitchell Center talk on timberland equity
- Daily Democrat, Seacoastonline highlights online, tuition-free UMaine programs for high school students
- BDN editorial on climate change cites Leahy, Birkel
- Pen Bay Pilot, BDN cite UMaine researchers in story about Maine spiders project
- Birkel comments on Maine weather in Downeast magazine
- Kamath speaks with News Center about moose parasite study
- Steneck speaks with BBC about Canada’s decades-long lobster feud