Explore current and recent research projects by discipline, keyword, town, or congressional district.
Courses that bridge the distance
Explore how we deliver a top-notch experiential education to our students whether they are six feet or six hundred miles away.
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- Bloomberg cites Stancioff in story about lab-grown lobster
- Express cites Klimis-Zacas study of health benefits of berries
- Mitchell Center hosts talk about alternative seafood networks and fishing community resilience
- BDN talks with Morse about spread of oysters in Maine waters, cites Sea Grant report
- WVII cites UMaine in reporting on Maine’s forest opportunity roadmap
- WABI reports on food waste solutions summit
- VillageSoup interviews West, UMaine valedictorian
- McGillicuddy Humanities Center awards spring faculty grants
- Women’s Forest Congress notes Leahy’s membership in advisory council
- News Center interviews 2021 Valedictorian, Salutatorian