Courses that Bridge the Distance
Explore how we deliver a top-notch experiential education to our students whether they are six feet or six hundred miles away.
2021 Outstanding Faculty and Students
Rowland named dean of the college, MAFES director
Diane Rowland has been named dean of the college and director of the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station, effective Aug. 1, 2021.
Where Discovery Takes Us
Explore current and recent research projects by discipline, keyword, town, or congressional district.
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- Bangor Daily reports on Ishaq’s biological fire ant control study
- Birkel talks about weather extremes, smoky skies with BDN
- Bacteria from nematodes could be used to kill fire ants, UMaine research reveals
- Morning Ag, Phys.org report on study of forest management to control ticks
- Study links active forest management to reduced tick populations
- Strout talks with Maine Monitor about elder care, nursing home staff shortages
- Boston Globe talks with Stoll about impact of aquaculture on Maine fisheries
- The Irregular, BDN advance Brady talk on impacts of offshore wind
- Calderwood discusses wild blueberry harvest with Ellsworth American
- Dumas speaks with Bangor Daily about making hummus at home