Rowland named dean of the college, MAFES director
Diane Rowland has been named dean of the college and director of the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station, effective Aug. 1, 2021.
Where Discovery Takes Us
Explore current and recent research projects by discipline, keyword, town, or congressional district.
Courses that Bridge the Distance
Explore how we deliver a top-notch experiential education to our students whether they are six feet or six hundred miles away.
2021 Outstanding Faculty and Students
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- Third annual Libby Lecture promoted in Irregular, BDN
- Birkel comments on climate change in Maine, New England in USA Today
- Maine International Trade Center speaks with Mayewski about UMaine’s role in climate science
- Irregular promotes Kelley’s lunch and learn webinar Sept. 17
- CRSF announces forest climate change webinar, tour series
- Excellence of UMaine, UMaine Machias highlighted in 2022 annual college guides
- Cape Cod Times discusses plight of right whales with Pershing
- Civil Eats speaks with Stoll, cites Sea Grant program data
- McLaughlin highlights weekend BioBlitz in WVII story
- Bangor Daily reports on UMaine’s role in COLDEX project