Teaching that bridges the distance
Explore a few examples of how we deliver a top-notch experiential education to our students wherever they are.
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Teisl named interim dean/director
2020 Outstanding Faculty & Students
Meet the faculty and students who stood out in the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- Wheeler cited in Press Herald coverage of campus wastewater testing
- Fall issue of Maine Policy Review now available, includes winning student essays
- JAX, UMaine scientists lead discovery of new connection between Alzheimer’s dementia and existing gene
- Putnam talks with Reuters about retreating glaciers
- Dumas speaks to BDN about planning small Thanksgiving Dinner
- Maine Science Podcast features Hamlin in latest episode
- Climate change, human impacts altering Everest faster, more significantly than previously known
- ‘The Maine Question’ closes third season asking how lobsters are doing
- Mitchell Center hosts talk about collaborating for community well-being Nov. 23
- Piscataquis conservation district lauds Leahy, UMaine student volunteers