2021 Outstanding Faculty and Students
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Where Discovery Takes Us
Explore current and recent research projects by discipline, keyword, town, or congressional district.
Rowland named dean of the college, MAFES director
Diane Rowland has been named dean of the college and director of the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station, effective Aug. 1, 2021.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- BDN notes UMaine woodcock research
- Charney develops simulated climate future of Galápagos to guide conservation
- ‘The Maine Question’ asks what mud can reveal about ocean history
- Pen Bay Pilot advances new amphibian study led by LeClair
- WQCB reports on UMaine browntail moth study
- Fewer frogs died by vehicles in the outset of the pandemic, study finds
- Crawley talks with Mainebiz about plans for new economic development center
- Pen Bay Pilot reports 2019 Everest expedition garners world records
- BDN cites Caribou Russet in story about Aroostook potato farmers’ ‘banner year’
- BDN, Centralmaine.com advance Reicher talk hosted by Mitchell Center