Teisl named interim dean/director
Saros to direct Ecology and Environmental Sciences program
2020 Outstanding Faculty & Students
Meet the faculty and students who stood out in the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry, and Agriculture.
Explore our Majors
Learn more about the college's undergraduate programs.
Here, nearly 200 faculty aim to discover the path to healthier environments, people, businesses, and communities in the state of Maine and across the globe. The college, which is home to the largest group of scientists in the state, offers rigorous academic programs that provide ample opportunity for applied learning to prepare students for careers that will define tomorrow.
Our Work in Action
- Study co-authored by UMaine glacial geologist finds seismic monitoring may improve early warnings for glacial lake outburst floods
- WABI reports on Leahy’s rural student study
- WVII interviews Fernandez on 50th anniversary of Clean Air Act
- DowneastMaine.com advances Calderwood’s future of farming talk
- UMaine Health Connection announces chat topics for September, October
- Rural youth share aspirations in large-scale surveys in Maine, Oregon
- New data science project to model range shifts of hundreds of plant and animal species in New England
- Phys.org highlights Leslie collaboration study
- Order Christmas trees online through Oct. 8
- Climate Change, AI, medicine and more featured at Maine Impact Week